Are you looking for something to do this weekend, but your entertainment budget is running low? Here are 10 things you and your family can do for free this weekend.
1. Read a good book and Get a Free Coffee – Visit Border’s books this weekend and with this coupon you can get a Free 12 oz Seattle’s Best Coffee. The coupon expires May 6th.
2. Have your Kids make a Free Craft – From May 2nd through May 10th your kids can make a Free Mother’s Day Craft. There will be a different craft each day of the week. On Saturday your kids can make a keepsake plate from 10 am to 1 pm. The craft on Sunday will be a T-Shirt and it will be available from 1 to 3 pm. Check here for the times and crafts for the remainder of the week.
3. Take a Factory Tour – Not only are these fun, but they are educational too. My kids had a lot of fun when we toured Hershey’s and at the same time learned how chocolate is made. Check here to see if there are any factory tours near you. There are over 530 listed and many of them are free.
4. Play games online – If you don’t feel like going out, you can have fun on your computer. Check here and here for some free online game sites.
5. Go Geocaching – I just read about this in my free Woman’s Day Magazine and it sounds like a lot of fun. You will need a handheld GPS or a GPS enabled cell phone. If you don’t have one, maybe you could borrow one.
Geocaching is an outdoor treasure-hunting game in which the participants use a GPS to hide and seek containers (caches). A typical cache is a small waterproof container concealing a logbook or “treasure,” which are usually small toys or trinkets. If this sounds like fun to you check this link and read “Getting Started.” You’ll need to register, but it’s free. You then type in your zip code and start exploring.
6. Let your kids build a wheel-barrow – Take your 5 to 12 year old to your nearest Home Depot this Saturday from 9 am to noon and they can build a cute wheel-barrow. They will also get a Home-Depot apron and a pin.
7. Treat yourself to a pantry spa – Longing to go to the spa, but don’t have the funds. Invite a friend over and raid your pantry to create a day of pampering. Click here for a bunch of recipes to pamper yourself with.
8. Go to a Museum – This weekend and the 1st weekend of each month you can get into over 100 museums free if you have a Bank of America Credit Card. If you don’t have a Bank of America Credit Card check here for other free attractions in your area.
9. Get some Free Comics - May 2nd is Free Comic Book Day. Check here for more information on where you can get a Free Comic Book.
10. Attend a home-improvement clinic. If you are interested in improving your outdoors, check out the link below:
Hope everyone has a great weekend and does something fun.