Do you love Starbucks Lattes or Ice Coffees? There is a easy, frugal way for you to make them at home. I do it all the time. I actually like my version better and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper then Starbucks Iced Lattes at $3.95.
Next time you are at Starbucks, pick up a bottle of the Syrup of your choice (like the one pictured above.) For Lattes or Iced coffe, I love the Caramel or Vanilla. At my stores I can get a bottle for $7.95. (Basically the cost of 2 Lattes.) My other favorite syrup is Peppermint. That one I use in hot coffee mainly. You can also buy the syrups at Target, but they are actually cheaper at Starbucks.
To make your Iced Latte just follow these simple steps:
- Fill your cup with Ice. I just used cubes right from my freezer
- Pour in the desired amount of your favorite coffee. This is a great use for cold coffee, but I’ve also used hot. For a great deal on coffee be sure to check out this deal and check here for what you can do with all those leftover coffee grounds.
- Then pour in the amount of milk you desire
- Finally add your syrup. The amount you add will depend on the size of your cup and your taste. The suggested serving size on the Syrup bottles is 2 TBSP and there are 33 servings in the bottle. That means the cost of the flavoring per cup is 24 cents. Which is a whole lot cheaper then $3.95.
- Enjoy your drink that has been made to your specific tastes.