Did you watch the new season of Extreme Couponing last night and want to share in the Coupon “High” too, but are feeling a bit overwhelmed? Well first off, know that you don’t have to go Extreme to get the “High.” Just buying what you need and saving 60 to 80% is a true Coupon “High” Trip.
Next, follow these tips and you will be well on your way to Saving you and your family a lot of money while experiencing a Coupon “High.”
- Know your stores rules. Every store (even those in the same chain) has different limits and rules in place. Most stores will have their Coupon Policy up near the Customer service Desk.
- Know the Lingo – As you check Coupon Blogs for deals, there is going to be different terminology. Here’s a great list of the Coupon Lingo. You’ll also want to understand the fine print on the coupon.
- Find the Deals – You can get weekly matchups here to Giant Eagle, Shop N Save (PA stores), Target, Walmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS.
- Find the Coupons. This not only includes Coupon Inserts, but also Printables from Coupons.Com, RedPlum, SmartSource and even Target.com. To find a specific coupon that you are interested in you can check The Coupon “High” Coupon Database.
- Add eCoupons to your store cards – For Giant Eagle shoppers, be sure to check Giant Eagle eOffer and Shortcuts eCoupon savings. Kroger shoppers – load up Cellfire Coupons and everyone can take advantage of Upromise and even get cash back.
- Organize your Coupons – This way they are ready for you when you want to shop
- Create a Pricebook – You will know if a sale is really a good deal.
- Be sure to check your Receipt after shopping and verify you received the proper catalinas. By doing both of these you might just save some more money.
- Get Rain checks for those items that were sold out.
If you check out some of the posts above you should be on your way to sharing in The Coupon “High.” You really can learn to save your family money and reduce your budget. I hope you’ll join me on this journey of saving money.