2013 Bargain Calendar–Best Month to Buy
There is a saying that patience is a virtue. In this case patience might just save you a bunch of money.
For instance, I’m in need of new luggage. Did you know that luggage is at rock bottom prices in March I think I can wait two months so that I can save big.
Here is your 2013 Bargain Calendar. You’ll find what month items will be at the best price. If you are willing to wait until the specified month, you’ll be able to save a lot of money this year.
- Holiday décor and wrapping paper – A great place to look for these items are the drugstores. When I was at Rite Aid the other day it was all 75% off.
- Linens – January are famous for there “white” sales. Start the New Year off with some new sheets.
- Toys – Once again this is a Christmas clearance item
- Exercise Equipment
- Vacation Packages
- Furniture – especially during the Presidents’ Day Sale
- Lobster and Steak – after Valentine’s Day Sales
- Luggage – on sale in a month when people aren’t traveling too much.
- Chocolate – leftover Valentine’s Day candy. Once again be sure to check out your drugstores. They often offer it up to 90% off
- Outdoor gear and winter clothing – stock up so you are ready next year.
- Pots and Pans – It’s the start of wedding and graduation seasons and the stores put their cookware on sale.
- Home-Improvement Supplies – Get ready for Spring Cleaning
- Tires and Auto Parts – Bet you didn’t know that April is National Car Care Month.
- Air Conditioners – If you know you’ll need a new one in the near future, bite the bullet now and buy it. You’ll get a better deal then mid-summer.
- Camping and Outdoor Gear
- Mattresses – The new models will be coming out, so you’ll get a great deal on the older models. Personally, I didn’t realize there were actually “new” models of mattresses.
- Gym Memberships – There sales usually go down now because people don’t want to be stuck inside in the summer.
- Lingerie – Stores like Macy’s and Victoria Secrets turn over their inventory this month
- Tools and Hardware – to celebrate Father’s Day
- Laptops – I’m thinking this is due to a slow down in sales since school is out.
- Picnic Supplies – To celebrate Fourth of July
- Furniture – Once again, these would be last year’s models since new styles were introduced in April at the trade shows.
- Sandals and Swimsuits
- Back to School Supplies – Be sure to come and check back here for where to find the best deals each week
- Kids Clothing – Back to School deals, some states offer tax free days
- Outdoor Grills – Good Prices with Great Variety available
- iPhones and Ipods – This is usually when Apple debuts their newest version, so you can get a great deal on the older models.
- Automobiles – Once again this is a month for the new models to start showing up so you can score a deal on last years models.
- Bikes – Summer is done, need to clear the store
- Summer Apparel – If you can estimate kiddos sizes for the next year, it’s a great time to stock up
- Airfare – Summer’s over and so are most people vacations. If you don’t have little ones in school, consider taking a trip in September.
- Grills – This is the best price you find, but one word of warning – your selection won’t be that great
- Patio Furniture – best if you have somewhere to store it until next year
- Winter Coats – Good price with best selection. If you’re not worried about selection and don’t need it right away – wait until March.
- Gadgets, Electronics and Small Household Appliances – Thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Winter Clothing – Once again thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Black Friday will get you the best deals at Target and Kohls. Luxury Store’s best deals will be on Cyber Monday.
- Toys – second and third week of the month is the best.
- Large Appliances
- Gift Cards – the cards aren’t on sale themselves, but you will get rewards. Giant Eagle and Shop N Save offer Bonus Fuel Perks and the drugstores offer extra bucks when you buy gift cards
So what might you be able to wait for to save big? It’s definitely worth keeping the calendar in mind if you have something big to buy.
Information from Redbook Jan, 2013 “Smart About Your Money” – Interview with DealNews.Com and Mandy Walker (editor for Consumer Reports.)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.