- If you are potty training a child, it is very likely you have a training potty in the back of your vehicle. But what do you do with the output after they’ve gone. I know I normally would pour it into a grocery bag that I keep in may car, but then I always felt bag putting this bag full of liquid in a garbage can. Here’s a solution: Put a clean maxi pad in the bottom of the bag and it will soak up all the liquid.
- Make a pair of slippers with 4 Maxi Pads. These would be great for a gag gift. Get the directions here.
- Are you moving? Use them to pack your glassware.
- Use a Maxi pad as an ice pack. Just let one absorb water, place it in a plastic bag and freeze.
- Here’s another toilet training idea. If you have a little boy you are training to go standing up, wrap the bottom of your toilet in maxi pads. It won’t necessarily be pretty, but it will save you from having urine go under your toilet and maybe save a ceiling.
- Do you have cold air coming in under your doors and in windows? Stuff maxi pads where the weatherstripping is. This idea will save your money on your gas bill.
- Are your pipes dripping condensation? Wrap a maxi pad around them.
- Got a cut that won’t stop bleeding with a band-aid and don’t have any gauze? Try putting a maxi-pad on it and securing with tape. My parent’s did this to me when I had a very bad burn on my knee as a kid. It did keep the area clean and let it heal, but I was a bit embarrassed. To hide the Maxi pad, instead of securing it with tape, try an ace bandage.
So next time you see maxi pads free or as money makers, pick them up even if you don’t need them. There are other ways to use them than the normal use. You could also always donate them to a women’s shelter. I’m sure they’d be very appreciative.
For more alternative uses for other items you can get for free, such as shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, mouthwash and more check here.