I’m always on the look-out for great Free apps for the kids to play on their electronic devices.` That’ why when I was offered a chance to review Playtown My Story App, I jumped at it.
My family has mixed electronics.` Some of us have droids while others go for the apple products.` This app is perfect because it is offered on both systems.
Before I get on to my review, here’s a bit more detailed app information about PlayTown My Story Maker along with where to download & how you can get additional playsets.
Children have rich imaginations, and it’s the responsibility of a parent to help nurture, encourage and reinforce their children’s’ creative expression.` An active imagination can help develop certain life skills such as communication and problem solving. Here’s how PlayTown works:
- First, begin your story by selecting an Adventure Play Set; play sets can range from traveling to playing sports to even exploring outer space!
- Then, My Story Maker invites you to create and build adventures, select your own stages, props, accessories and cast of lovable characters–such as princesses, monsters and jungle friends–and even use personal photos and drawings!
- When completed, see your creation with the play back feature and share with family and friends within the app.
- PlayTown is FREE to download for Android at Google Play or iOS at the iTunesApp includes 3 Adventure Play Sets.
- Additional play sets can be purchased for $1.99 each.
The Coupon “High” Mom Review
I enlisted the help of my two daughters (9 and 12) to try out this great app.` First let me say that while this FREE app is intended for kids 3-9 years old, my 12 year old really enjoyed it, I think it’s because she loves acting.
My nine year old chose to play the Free Pirates Treasure Hunt and my 12 year old went for the Princess Party.` The app had enough diversity, even with just the free sets, to excite both the girls interest.
I asked them a couple questions.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate this app? — My 9 year old said 9 and my 12 year old said 10.` I asked what made it a 9 and she said the fact that she didn’t get to play all the sets.
- So I asked her would you be willing to spend your OWN $1.99 to buy a new set?` – She said definitely, I want to get the What Do You Want to Be story?
- Finally I asked them what they liked specifically about the game.` Here are there responses.
- I like how you can record a voice and choose background music.
- You can have different styles of stuff.
- You can use people from other movies, stories and cultures
- It lets you take cast pictures and title it.` Then you can watch it.
- You can talk to it and it will answer you back.
- I like dressing up the characters
- I like making my own background and characters.
It definitely inspired their creativity and as a mom that is great to see, especially when it was from a FREE app.` It was fun to see the route they chose to take their stories.
Look like something your kids might be interested in.
Sponsored Post.` The opinions expressed are mine (and my daughters) and were not influenced in any way.` For complete disclosure policy, check here.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.