If you have been sharing in the Coupon “High” you probably have a stockpile of toiletries that you have gotten Free or really really cheap. What’s a person to do with all those items? Of course you can use them for their intended purpose or donate them, but you can also repurpose them.
Have you started your spring cleaning yet? You’ll want to pull out some of the Hair Conditioner from your stock pile. It will clean your Stainless Steel and Shine your Houseplants. Here are those suggestions and 8 more.
- Use as After Shave Lotion on your Legs – If you legs are rough and irritated after shaving, rub on hair conditioner; it acts like a lotion and can soothe the hurt away.
- Use as a Makeup Remover – No need to buy expensive makeup removers, just use your free conditioner. It will quickly and easily remove your makeup.
- Shine Stainless Steel – Apply hair conditioner to your faucets, golf, clubs, chrome fixtures, or anything else that needs a shine. Rub it off with a soft cloth and admire the gleam. Toothpaste also works for this.
- Helps your makeup brushes, paintbrushes and rollers last longer – When finished using, simply clean the brush with a mild detergent, rinse thoroughly and then apply some hair conditioner to the bristles. Leave it on for about 15 minutes or so, and then rinse again. The conditioner will keep your brushes soft and flexible.
- Save your tools – Rub a small amount of conditioner onto tools to prevent rust.
- Save your shoes – Conditioner helps keep salt and chemicals off your shoes during winter. Lather your shoes or boots with hair conditioner to protect.
- Clean silk garments – Save money on dry cleaning. Fill the sink with water (warm water for whites and cold for colors). Add a tablespoon of hair conditioner. Immerse the silk garment in the water and let it sit for a few minutes. Pull out the item, rinse it, and hang it to dry. The conditioner will keep the garment feeling silky smooth.
- Remove fake tattoos from your kids – Does your child have a “tattoo” on them that no longer looks good? Rub conditioner on it really well, rinse and it will go away.
- Clean and shine your houseplants – Do your plants need dusting, but you don’t know the best way to do it? Put a bit of hair conditioner on a soft cloth and rub the plant leaves to remove the dust and shine the leaves.
- Make your shower curtain slide smoothly – Rub the rod with hair conditioner, and the curtain will glide across it.
Check out the other ways to Repurpose Your Stockpile HERE, next week’s item will be body wash.
I’m linking this post here:
:: Tip Me Tuesday hosted by Tip Junkie
:: Works for Me Wednesday hosted by We Are THAT Family
:: Thrifty Thursday hosted by Coupon Teacher
:: I’m Lovin’ It Fridays at Tidy Mom
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Disclosure Policy.